Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New School - Week 1

All set, ready for school!

Chloe's first week of school at Zesty Spot started last Monday. When we arrived at her new school, there were some other kids there already. All of them were all occupied doing something like playing with bubbles or going up and down the slide. Teacher B greeted us and sprayed on some disinfectant on Chloe's hands. After which, Chloe got excited and tippy toed to join the other kids playing with the bubbles. Teacher B told me to leave and advised if C1 criesd uncontrollably, like all other children on their first day of school, and if they were not able to manage, she would call me to come 30min earlier to pick her.

Being rather kan cheong, I arrived 45min earlier. Just when I arrived, Teacher B called to say that C1 had stopped crying and its OK for me to pick her at the normal time ie 11am. Since I was already there, I thought I should peer on what my darling daughter was up to. When I looked in, there were no kids were in sight as they were in the pantry cum canteen having their snack time. I came back 20min later to peep and found the little kids seated in a circle listening to one of the teachers tell a story.

Soon after, class ended. I walked over to the entrance and was greeted by Teacher B and Chloe who was a little teary eyed but smiling. Could tell from C1's face she was really glad that I came to pick her as promised. Teacher B mentioned that Chloe is an independent girl who only cried for 10min. To my expectations, I am pleased that she only cried for that long and not a whole hour!

The next class...Chloe cried for less than 5min... A little sign of independence! =)

No comments: