Monday, May 25, 2009

Chloe's new school

When Chloe turned 18 months, I decided that it is time to instill a little more independence in her. Hence, I decided to take Chloe out of Playdayz and enrolled her to another play school near our home that has the 'drop off' facility.

The play school that I chose is Zesty Spot at Pandan Valley. It is a quiet little school facing the lush garden. It isn't posh, shiny or new but I felt a nice, warm, homely feeling when I first stepped into the school to take a look. The teachers are friendly and best of all, there are 4 teachers in class with only 12 students. Two Chinese speaking teachers who spoke only Mandarin to the kids and two English speaking teachers. Coincidentally, one of the teachers is also one of our friend's younger sister.

Moreover, Chloe's friend Kaitlyn, who is a year older, has been attending the school for more than a year and she thoroughly enjoys it. With a good student teacher ratio, bilingual teaching, close proximity to home and recommendation, I decided to enrol her there.

No comments: