Monday, June 15, 2009

Devastation

We came back home last night from our annual Phuket holiday to find our home without any electricity. My other half quickly checked the fishes and I bolted to the milk fridge to find my storage of 40 over packets of breast milk (more than 7 litres to be exact) melted and spoilt. The gruesome sight of it made my heart sank to the ground. Sigh.Sulk. Also, my worst birthday present.

My plan is to breastfeed Chelsey exclusively for at least 8 months - the same time as Chloe. This is already getting a little tough as Chewy is drinking 180ml per feed and my supply is sometimes short of 720ml (the amount I need to leave behind every morning before I go to work). Hence I will need to dig into my reserves. Now, I am not able to.

Thankfully, I am on leave this whole week and I hope to start my storage again.

1 comment:

viv said...

oh dear. I would be so SAD too